What are the benefits of a Design & Build opposed to hiring an architect & builder separately?
Let’s jump right into this shall we?
- Cost – There is no need to pay separately for an architect, a builder & a contractor. All experts come in the combined cost of the whole project at a far lower price than each professional being individually sourced.
- Complete service from a single source of contact– In residential construction there is no better self assured way of knowing that things are going to plan than when there is a single contact. Clients can call the team who can then give you the lowdown of the latest onsite happenings, deal with any additional concerns you may have & advise you on the best steps to take.
- Meticulous interpretation of design brief on site – There is always fluidity between the communication of the builders on site, the project managers & the contractors & the architect. There is less responsibility offloading as all members of the team are behind one phone number if you cannot reach who you want to, someone else there can pass the message and keep communication moving.
- Strict adherence to agreed timelines and budgets – Due to budgets & costs being laid out for all parties to see within the whole team, this means there is awareness for each team to meet the the budgets.
- Flexibility to alter designs and specifications to meet the clients requirements – In a case where there are structural adjustments required after the initial architectural drawing, there is no need to restart communication with the architect & pay additional for extra revisions. Design & Build in-house architects can quickly understand the adjustment and carry out the revision.
- Responsibility for the whole property construction – There is only one entity to process the control, design & programme of the build, so if something goes a-rye the team are left with no one to pass responsibility off to. This ensures the team will meet the high standards of the client.
- Dedicated project and Architect -You would have a dedicated Project Manager & Architect assigned to you. The personnel who will focus on your project are less likely to change, unless required to.
- Less administrative work – There is less paper work and research for you do leaving you to concentrate on the important things in life.
- Team Co-ordination – Most Design & Build teams have solidified relationships with structural engineers, party wall surveyors & quantity surveyors.
APT offer a turn-key solution for clients who require both a designer and a builder combined.
A typical project that APT provide includes the following stages:
- Project feasibility & concept design
- Planning application submission & build regulation compliance
- Work scheduling & planning
- The build & construction
- Snagging & completion
Whatever stage of the building process you are at, we have the skills and expertise to help make the project a success. Are you yet to enter the design phase of your project build? If you are, a company like APT can help make the most out of any building in need of renovation.
Once our designs are in place then our construction team will take over. Our services don’t stop after the project completion. Once construction has been completed then we can provide an on-going maintenance warranty for structural anomalies and future refurbishment.